Heading to TBEX Toronto – my TBEX Bucket List
With less than a week to go before TBEX, I can’t tell you how excited I am to be going to my first blogger conference! So many people to meet, so much to learn….I can hardly keep up! There will be over 1,200 bloggers, many new like me, and many seasoned veterans! It will be an event to remember.
So, what’s on my TBEX Bucket List?
Even though I have spent most of my life within 5 hours of one of Canada’s biggest cities, I have spent very little time actually in Toronto! There is so much to see and do in town – I am looking forward to my first ever city segway tour and for something a little different – a graffiti tour! Street art is becoming so much more of an artistic statement – I am interested to see where they take us. Will we see the street art used in the Rick Mercer Report?
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for a photo tour of Toronto and the Canadian Wilderness experience I will be exploring pre-TBEX.
Experiencing the Quintessential Canadian Wilderness just 2 hours north of Toronto!
Hard to imagine there is so much natural and rugged beauty so close to a major centre – I’ll be heading to Muskoka, Algonquin Park and Georgian Bay on a whirlwind of outdoor adventures!
- Muskoka Outfitters: have you ever tried SUP (stand up paddling)? Muskoka Outfitters will be hosting a lucky group of bloggers, myself included, on a morning of SUP where I will try not to go for an unplanned swim! Having tried it only once before – I am not sure that I will be staying dry! In the afternoon, I will trade in the SUP board for a mountain bike where I will be playing in the legendary Buckwallow Cycling Centre in Gravenhurst! No doubt I will be working up quite the appetite on this trip – it’s an adventure at every turn!
- Algonquin Outfitters: ever since I was a kid, I wanted to try my hand at canoeing in Algonquin Park – it is a trip that has eluded me all my life until now! There is something so peaceful about gliding along the water, the call of the loon cutting through the air – it is such a Canadian thing to do! While I only kayak now, we actually learned how to canoe in high school phys ed! Will be time to freshen up on my J stroke!
- White Squall Paddling Centre: another morning on the water – this time in a sea kayak. Excited to be experiencing a new kayak destination with a morning on the sparkling blue waters of Georgian Bay.
- Bear Claw Tours: move over self propelled, time to explore the Canadian Shield on the back of an ATV for an adventure I am sure I will never forget! Looks like I am going to get dirty!
- I am so passionate about what I do – travel blogging is an exciting world with so many fantastic and energetic people who share my love for adventure, exploring new places and experiencing different cultures! At my first travel meeting, the New York Times Travel Show, I met a number of fantastic travel bloggers who have become great friends. A highlight of the trip will definitely include catching up with these amazing people. They inspire me and challenge me to do more, be better and live life to the fullest – as Erin of The WorldWanderer once said – live life with no boundaries!
- Lectures and workshops – TBEX isn’t all play – I am also here to improve what I do. I couldn’t do this without you, my wonderful readers who keep Travel Destination Bucket List alive and vibrant with your comments and questions. I will be attending a jam packed conference schedule that will keep me busy over the TBEX weekend. So many talented travel bloggers and photographers will be doing talks and sharing their insight in the world of travel blogging. The speaker list is quite impressive and the topics incredibly varied – I don’t even know where to begin!
- Tourism Boards – I am very excited to be meeting representatives from a number of super exciting and bucket listable destinations. I will be liaising with these people to bring you more from exciting destinations from around the world. Stay tuned – there will be a lot more from this topic!
Where will I be staying?
This will be my first time staying at a flip key property where I will be joining a merry band of travel bloggers. How perfect – a townhouse complete with backyard patio – let the good times roll!
- TBEX Canada – where the travel world will meet
- Anticipation – Heading to my first TBEX
- Travel Announcement: Oh Canada
- Adventures with Explorers’ Edge: Quintessentials of the Canadian Wilderness
Keeping it social: Travel Destination Bucket List in Social Media – follow along for updates from TBEX and around the world!
- twitter: wheretogoam
- FaceBook: Anita Mac – Travel Destination
- Pinterest: Travel Destination Bucket List
- Instagram: Travel Destination Bucket List