1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog with nutmeg – with or without rum!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Will have to ask him! Usually wrapped.
3. Coloured lights on tree/house or white? Both – a white light tree at the front of the house and a colourful snow man tree at the back!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. Never have.
5. When do you hang your decorations up? December 1st, unless there is a big snow storm that constitutes a snow day (school buses not running) first.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Roasted vegetables – all the root ones of course!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Getting new cross country skis and going skiing in the afternoon.
8. What is on your Christmas wish list? A white Christmas!
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? This year we did presents a little early as we are traveling to Prague for Christmas this year.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I tend to get a little excited. I have a blue and silver tree with white lights at the front of the house and a multi colour tree at the back of the house full of snow man decorations.
11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Love the snow! Can’t wait for it to come!
12. Real tree or fake tree? I have two fakes. Love them both.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A tough one – think I will have to defer back to the new cross country skis as I was growing up.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? Family and kicking back over the holidays. Love it most of all when my house if full of family and friends, I have a turkey and all the trimmings roasting in the oven, and all the cozy feelings of the holidays.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? You mean I have to narrow it down!!!
16. What is your favorite tradition? Our first Christmas together, my boyfriend and I tried to start a tradition of cross country skiing to the wood cabin in Gatineau Park for a Christmas Eve ski and dinner on the wood stove. It is turning out to be weather dependant as we have had a few weather based challenges!
17. What tops your tree? A sparkly silver angel!
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? I find as I get older, the gift giving is not really important. I prefer the getting together, a houseful of people and Christmas dinner feast. I also find at this time of year that it is a good time to think of others – I often give to the local food bank at this time of year.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? All of them!!
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum? I enjoy a candy cane – Not a fan.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? The old traditional movies like It’s a Wonderful Life!
22. What do you leave for Santa? My cats greet him at the chimney!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? Another ski!
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall? I do very little shopping. While not a fan of gift cards – that is the preference of some of my family. As they live far away, it works quite well! On-line shopping for my nieces and nephews as the goodies are delivered straight to their house.
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card? I have to add another option – Christmas phone call.
and last but not least…
26. Stay home or travel? Luckily my family is all in the area, so no need to travel far to see them! Variation this year – we did Christmas one week early as we are traveling to Prague for the holidays.
Happy Holidays! Safe travels!!